Lazy Vegan Peanut Butter Noodles with Lychee

Wednesday, August 30, 2017


These Peanut Butter Noodles were sooo good! They're going to our favs now. It's a quick recipe and really very, very EASY. I'm sure you have all of the ingredients at home. We did and that's how we thought about this lunch. And the Peanut Butter Sauce is amazing, the ingredients are super well balanced and the texture - really smooth, it goes great with the noodles. Also we used lychee here, just love it. If you haven't ever tried it you  should, yum!




Sadly it's a bad day for me today, hello migraine again :( I just woke up with it and no pills can help me. These days are my lazy days, when I can't really do anything productive, even scrolling through the phone makes it feel worse. I also don't like going out, the sun glaring is really annoying.

And that's how I thought about cooking noodles. I didn't want to go out to the grocery store, but needed to eat something, right? So let's think what I have at home... and there's always some ingredients for noodles. What's more important this one's are quick to make. No long frying meat or tofu. It's just noodles, sauce and some veggies, which you can just heat up.



Cooking is very relaxing for me. I could live in the kitchen ... I would be soooooooo fat, I always sneak and taste EVERYTHING while cooking... I know that a lot of people don't like cooking or they say they can't - if you don't like it I understand. Everyone has some things they don't like to do, that's totally normal. But if you say you can't, I think you can try with our recipe for these noodles.

I can bet, you also have lazy days, when you feel bad, or you're tired after work/school. As I think now, I probably have a lot of these days. Like give me a pillow and I can go to sleep, or turn on a movie and give me some popcorn - that's it.



Our noodles bowl was created with ingredients found at home. As a base of course noodles and ...oops, we didn't have this time soba noodles at home, which we use almost always. We did use spaghetti noodles, they also look good, and were delicious, thicker than soba.

Second - the SAUCE, containing of course peanut butter... I think that's our fav ingredient to any noodles we make, if it's with chicken or tofu, or veggies. These peanut butter sauces are always delicious. And this one is easy and have nice proportions. But I can say a little problem can be how thick should the sauce be. We both never can agree, cause I like it more fluid to go easy with the noodles and Domi likes it more thick so it sticks to all of the ingredients. You can make it your way. The recipe is for a more thick sauce and if you want it more runny add one or two tablespoons of  warm water and mix.

If we have noodles and sauce, it's time for veggies now. Here I was like, hello kitchen show me what you have, because I don't even know. But you can add anything you like! This time I had canned pineapple and lychee, we (almost) always have it at home, they're great as a snack or add into salads. We just love lychee, fresh one is of course much better than canned. LYCHEE is so sweet and has lots of juice. Also we used sliced red bell pepper and onions, and non-salted peanuts for topping.


Our Peanut Butter Noodles with Lychee are
lovely COMFORT FOOD,
QUICK and EASY,
DELICIUOS,
with LYCHEE... that's a really good reason to try these,
CREAMY
and VEGAN.



Recipe

Prep time
10 min
Cook time
10 min
Total time
20 min 
Servings: 4 bowls
Recipe type: lunch

Ingredients & instructions

Noodle & veggies
400 g noodles, of your choice
1 can pineapple
1 can lychee
1 red bell pepper
1 onion
2 Tbsp oil


1.       Heat up some water in a pan, cook noodles with the instructions on the package.
2.       Chop pineapples, slice onion and bell pepper.
3.       In a large pan heat up 2 Tbsp oil, add onion and fry for about 2 minutes. Add rest of the ingredients, just to warm up.



Peanut Butter Sauce
1/3 cup peanut butter
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
4 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp harrissa, or other hot sauce
some water, if needed




4.       Put all of the ingredients in a small pan.
5.       Mix to get smooth texture, turning on a small heat.
6.       The sauce will be quite thick, add some water if needed. 


This one was really easy, right? Let us know if you tried it in comments below and on our Instagram #foodiesisterspl . Have a nice day!  

xoxo,
Karo & Domi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest

Subscribe